How to jog and what are its benefits
If you want to start introducing sport into your daily habits, but you don't know what activity to practice, jogging may be one of the best options. Read our article to discover how to practice it and what are its benefits. Differences between jogging and running Currently, there is a great deal of confusion between the terms jogging and running . In fact, sometimes both are used as synonyms. The word jogging became popular from 1960, when a boxing trainer, Arthur Lydiard, used it to refer to long runs that his pupils took in order to exercise. To solve your doubts, let's see what are the main differences between both activities:
- Jogging consists of jogging slowly and deliberately . The rhythm that is maintained is always constant and allows us to maintain a conversation without difficulty.
- On the contrary, in running , both intense sessions and other slower and calmer ones are carried out. This discipline incorporates a wide variety of training such as series, fartleks , slopes, etc.
- It allows to improve the aerobic resistance .
- Improves the cardiovascular system .
- It is an effective method against cases of obesity. This activity allows us to burn a large number of calories and, since the impact produced is less, it is not as harmful as running .
- Increases bone density , so it prevents the appearance of diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Improve our mood. It helps us to free ourselves from anxiety and accumulated stress .