Do you know what time is the best to exercise and perform more ? A large number of users wonder what is the best time to carry out their training session and, in this way, get the most out of it. Therefore, in this article we will clear all your doubts on this issue.
What is the best time of day to exercise
Some studies indicate that the ideal time to do sports is early in the morning or late in the afternoon . This is because the temperature of the muscles reaches its peak during these hours.
As a consequence of this event, the metabolic and energetic processes experience an increase.
The perfect time depends on you , and it is that despite what we have indicated in the previous point, finding the best time to exercise is somewhat complex, since it will depend on the following factors:
- The stress you have accumulated.
- The type of activity you do.
- Your eating habits.
- The quality of sleep.
Even so, we will show what are the main advantages of training in the morning, at noon or in the afternoon . In this way, you will know how to decide the time slot that is best for you.
Benefits of training in the morning
If you are one of those who get up early to train before going to work, you will get the following benefits, and it is that it may be the best time to exercise:
- You will have energy for the rest of the day.
- If the quality of your sleep is good, you will perform optimally, since you will not have accumulated fatigue or overloads.
- In summer you will not have to endure high temperatures .
- Testosterone levels are higher . This will have a positive impact on strength training, so it's time to hit the weights hard.
You should keep in mind that in the morning:
- The muscles and joints are more stiff, so you will need a good warm-up to avoid the appearance of injuries .
- If you are not a very early riser, you will feel a lack of energy.
Benefits of training at noon
- You will free yourself from the stress accumulated during the day.
- A proper lunch will provide you with all the nutrients you need to perform better.
The cons of this time slot are:
- Many people have a slow digestion, so they can suffer gastrointestinal problems.
- In summer the temperatures are very high.
Benefits of training at sunset
- Muscle temperature reaches its highest peak , which favors performance.
- It is a good method to relax from working hours .
- During the last hours of the afternoon the temperatures are more pleasant in summer .
Regarding the drawbacks, we point out the following:
- If you practice an intense activity before going to sleep, it is likely that it is difficult for you to fall asleep.
- The autonomic nervous system needs time to stabilize again.
- Maybe after a hard day at work you feel lazier to go out and train.
As you have seen, knowing what time is the best to exercise throughout the day offers a series of different advantages .
Actually, the schedule that we should select will depend on our lifestyle. Therefore, it is essential that you learn to listen to your body to discover when it performs best.
And for you, what is the best time to exercise?