Exercising with your period: it's good and has great benefits
Benefits of doing sports with the rule
- Sport helps relieve menstrual pain. Surely you have heard of the famous endorphins or happiness hormones. These hormones help improve the feeling of well-being and provide us with a greater tolerance to pain.
- Liquid retention is decreased , so you won't feel so swollen and inflamed.
- Not all women are affected by mood swings during the menstrual period. Despite this, if this is your case, you should know that physical exercise makes anxiety and stress disappear.
What kind of activity is recommended
- Take walks . They can be about 30 or 40 minutes.
- Light cardiovascular exercise like the elliptical . This bike is perfect, since we can regulate the intensity that we want to incorporate into our training session. Remember to put a light pedaling force and that the routine does not last more than 40 minutes.
- Toning training. You don't have to lift a high load. In fact, we recommend doing exercises with elastic bands.
- It is an ideal activity during menstruation. Of course, avoid reverse positions. Work your breathing to free yourself from stress and anxiety.
- Pilates exercises are good for stretching and strengthening muscles. Do not do sessions in which the abdomen is worked intensely.