5 exercises to warm up the knees and so that they do not suffer so much during sports activity
The knees are one of the joints that suffer the most when it comes to physical exercise, especially when there are impacts involved: when jumping, running... Not strengthening them or preparing them for sports can have short and long-term consequences, which is why at Beatfit we have decided to create this article with 5 simple exercises that will help you warm up your knees to prevent them from suffering during sports. Exercises to prepare your knees for sports activity:
- Strengthen the quadriceps area and prepare it for sports: Take a position lying on your back with one knee straight and the other bent or flexed with the foot on the ground. Move the stretched leg until it is flexed at the level of the other, hold for about 10 seconds and then relax it. Do 10 repetitions on each leg.
- More quadriceps: with the same position lying on your back, straighten your legs. Raise one leg keeping it straight and hold up (wherever you end up) for 5 seconds. Lower and alternate the movement with the other leg. If you do this easily, feel free to add some weight around your ankle for added resistance.
- Bend Knees : Standing with your legs fully extended, place your hands on your knees. We bend both knees and return to the starting position with our legs stretched out. Repeat this kneeling exercise 5 times.
- Bend and straighten the knee: Stand up and look at a fixed point in front of you. Bring one knee up, then lower your leg back to the starting position and back (bringing your heel toward your butt). Repeat the sequence with the other leg. Do these exercises on your knees 5 times.
- Chair Knee Exercise: Sit in a chair with your back straight and properly supported. The soles of the feet must touch the ground. Raise one leg, hold for a while, and return to the starting position. Alternate the movement with each leg and repeat for 5 sequences.