Benefits of chestnuts in athletes
Do you know all the benefits of chestnuts in athletes ? This dried fruit is one of the healthiest we can consume. With the arrival of the cold and the presence of low temperatures, the chestnut becomes a very appetizing food. In fact, it represents something typical during the fall and winter seasons. If you also love its flavor and also practice sports, do not hesitate to introduce them into your diet. Benefits of chestnuts in athletes These are all the benefits of chestnuts in athletes:
- Increases glucose level slowly. This translates into a prolonged energy supply . In this way, its consumption is great for people who practice endurance sports such as long-distance running, trail running or hiking.
- It is a very interesting food for weight loss diets, since it has a high satiating power . In addition, it contains inulin, a fiber with a prebiotic effect.
- It is rich in vitamin C , which is why it is considered an antioxidant. The only drawback is that this vitamin is lost between 30 and 40% when cooking them.
- Provides vitamins A, E and phenolic compounds.
- It also highlights its high content of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and copper.